Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I just wanna write ...

I'm not really sure where this is going or what the moral will be at the end of the story... but I just feel that it is time for me to write again. As most of you know I have a BIG day coming VERY soon, I'm getting married on Saturday! I can't be any happier, I could afford to be a little less stressed but its all worth it. During my wedding planning, I've discovered a lot of things. Such as who my TRUE friends really are, unfortunately not everyone cares if you're happy or not and people really are selfish. At the same time many are selfless. My fiance can write better than I gave him credit for just wait to you hear his vows. My family is incredible! My big brother is still my hero! Yellow is a hard color to find in wedding stuff I don't know why because it's so beautiful. Music will make the day even more special. It is an honor that the kids I love so dearly are all actively taking part. School is really piling up, and A's may actually be a challenge this semester. My girls weekend, was the encouragement I needed and a reflection of one of God's greatest gifts... friendship. I know that special people are a part of all this even in their absence. I wish things were different and better with certain people. I KNOW that God has his hand in all of it, and it will be a beautiful Saturday. I am beginning to feel overwhelmed, but not in a stressed way. Rather in a humbling, brings me to tears way. Of course I have a lot to do still, and work that is due Thursday. But, beyond that right on the outside of that reality, lays the reality of being loved. I see the friends I have that have been there for me when my heart was broken, and now when it's becoming whole. I have a family that is the very root of my sanity, and the constant reminder of how blessed I truly am. I have a fiance that will be waiting for me at the end of the isle with the cutest most pure smirk on his precious face. He has been such an amazing part of the planning, and I just don't think boys get enough credit. And, then God... who's sitting back watching me fret over napkins that weren't printed correctly, and pushing me to complete my work, and to grasp hold of what is about to happen in my life. Even though this is our time, God is so good! And, he reminds me to remember others in this time too. To focus my ceremony on the good of others. He will be here Saturday night and I hope everyone sees/ feels his presence in what we are doing. I am so blessed and usually when I feel convicted, humbled. and just simply thankful I feel like others should know it. Because the same God who keeps me grounded, and covers my life with grace and peace... LOVES you and wants you to have that same peace in your heart. My life is crazy right now, its stressful but it's GOOD. I am loved, I love and I am complete through that. Anyway, I just thought I'd share with you on what keeps me going... what's constant in my life.

2 comments:

Britt said...

This post makes me smile because I know how excited you are and how pure your heart is in all of this. You're going to be a beautiful bride Saturday...and I wish I could express to you more how overly excited I am about you getting married. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of your BIG day--and I know God will be glorified through it all. I'm praying for you, as always, and I know you're gonna knock Shayne off his feet this Saturday =)

Suzanne said...

that's awesome baby...i'm glad you like my vows...and going off what brittany says i hope you don't hurt me when you knock me off my feet. boys aren't supposed to cry on their wedding days