Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Wedding Day


So as most of you know I got married September 20th and that little cliche is true.... it WAS indeed the BEST day of my life! Everything about the days leading up to the wedding and the BIG day was just perfect. We'll start with Thursday... I went to Kay to pick up my band because it was initially to small, and I thought for sure they were not going to let me get it because Shayne's name was on the receipt. But as I thought a little harder about that ... I was like " well I signed it too" and after we spotted my little microscopic signature they turned the band over to me! Stress number 1! Then Thursday night was very delightful.... and a little stressful at the same time. We were making programs with a printer that printed slower than slow, but it was me and a few great friends... so it was worth it! Then the people started to arrive.. the out of town guests. These were families who drove miles and miles just to watch us get married. And, as we were sitting around visiting I began to get a little overwhelmed with the blessing of friendship and unity. Friday morning I received some awesome news... God had yet again answered a prayer. My cousin decided to take part in my big day, and in all honesty it was the highlight of Friday. Friday was great!... Shayne and I went and applied for a marriage license, and picked up the cakes. Then we came back home to a yard full of friends and family decorating for the big shin dig. That night.. was rehearsal and I got to meet some of Shayne's childhood buddies I'd never met before that were groomsmen. I had my favorite teenagers agree to do all the favors asked of them. Luke is in love with Blake and that is just precious to Shayne and I. We rehearsed and laughed and had a good ole time... then it was over to DEADWOOD.
When we arrived at DW the entire dancehall was full of guests, family and friends laughing and enjoying themselves... it was more than delightful it was a blessing. We made our rounds to the tables passing out SW²
magnets and conversing about the trip and travels. As my father in law gave his welcome speech, we establisehed that we had guests from 9 different states and Canada all gathered to celebrate us. That sure brought a smile to our face. The kids loved it at DW as they had endless train rides, roller coaster and putt putt... and I'll say its fun riding the roller coaster with little people. We got the chance to eat the amazing food prepared by DW and were giving a couple more than meaningful speeches. My sister in law is the BEST sister I can ask for .... she made us a video that had the whole room crying and laughing. It was a great night! Then Shayne and I told each other goodnight one last time.. and 8 hrs later I was waking up to my BIG DAY!!!
As I woke up to Rudy and Dani.. haha that's a combination.. I said well guys here we go! We had breakfast cooked up for us, and then I was off to get my hair done. Where not only did I get my heair done but I was granted the opportunity to recieve encouragement and love from John... my favorite hairdresser. We went to pick up the flowers and they were breathtaking... I REALLY appreciate a beautiful flower. The florist told us my fiance was just in there buying me flowers... the gorgeous ones that were in my room when I got home. The sweetest little note simply said... "we're getting married today.. I love you". The time just flew.. it was time for pictures soon there after.. and dodging Shayne and the boys as they hung out at Aunt Dots. Luckily we took pics first... so I was able to watch State DEFEAT ECU!!! And, then it was time to get ready ... like for real this time. And the next hr was the most overwhelming... I had Kristi and Amy hopping! "Make sure they all get their flowers, where are my shoes?, I can't find my necklace, can you touch up my hair"..I sure do love those two and all my bridesmaids that kept me sane that last hour. Luke got cold feet ( it was precious ) .... and my daddy and I cried on each otehrs shoulders. But then ... it was time. We opened the garage door arm in arm.. and saw all those people and both looked at each other and said "crap"! well we probably actually used a nother version of that word.. hehe. Then Taylor and Jamie played Amazing Love and I made my grand entrance.. as soon as I saw Shayne's face .. everything else subsided. It was just him and I. I know I was surrounded by 100s of special people... and my family but all that mattered was him and I. We went through the most special ceremony.. that I can't even completely recall. All I know is that he was standing there holding my hand.. talking about not getting any sleep the night before and making me laugh the entire time. The songs and words were beautiful and God had the sky just right.. it was every bit of PERFECT!
The reception was AMAZING!! I never realized how long Feels like Home to Me is until we danced to it... Shayne bless his heart can't dance!! hehe. There were soo many people there that I was just stunned. My daddy loved the song I chose for him.. as I am his little girl. Ava shared our dance with us.. it was so adorable. Shayne and Blake entertained us all with Soulja Boy, and all the speeches were amazing. I gathered that Shayne's from those speechs that Shayne is a lucky guy!! hehe There are so many details of that day that I'd like to share.. but to sum it up. We wanted to do it again on Sunday it went by way to fast. It was more than perfect, God's hand was in it and we are LOVED. We were blessed with so many special guests and words and songs that made us cry with joy. It was the best day of our life! However, its just the beginning to very many perfect days together.
After we drove off in the Wrangler.. we went to Sonic for slushis and wal mart... then back to my parents to pack. We didnt make it home to Knightdale til after mid night and then made steak sandwiches and dug into ALL those gifts.... and the rest ... well you know how it goes!


Here are a few pics: http://watermelon.smugmug.com/gallery6012758_Zz8fo#375963613_LSKGY

The BIG day: http://watermelon.smugmug.com/gallery/6030112_99aT6#377447673_ozkvS

More to come later!

No comments: